AC Parkour Tutorial: Warm Up

When it comes to warming up before practicing parkour and free running you can't really go wrong. Warming up properly is important in preventing injuries when training and helps aid you in learning moves more efficiently.

You can see demonstration of a warm up in this video: 


Here are some more tips for your daily warm up...
Think mobility and movement, if any part of your body is stiff then you aren't warmed up completely yet. When beginning your warm up use basic exercises to get the blood plumping to different parts of your body. It also starts activating your muscles so they are quicker to respond when you actually start training. It's called the warm up because your body should be very warm if not hot at the end of it. If you are sweating that's a good sign you are warmed up. 

Exercises that are great for warm ups.
Jogging
Sprinting
Jumping
Push Ups
Hand Stands
Quadrapedal Movement (as seen in video)
Sit Ups
Hangs
Pull Ups
And anything else you can think of. Sometimes I invent my own exercises to warm up certain joints or muscles.

You don't want to reach the point of exhaustion during your warm because then you might be too tired to safely learn parkour moves, but don't be shy with your warm up, you should still push yourself. Most of the injuries I have received through out my years of training I can blame for not properly warming up before doing parkour that day, and that is probably the most important reason to warm up.

Important parts of the body to warm up/ stretch:
Neck
Back
Shoulders
Wrists
Core
Legs
Ankles

Sometimes the warm up can feel tedious so be sure to find ways to make it fun. I personally found doing the quadrepal movements quite fun and they work really well for working the legs, arms and core. Some versions of quadrapedal even mimics certain vaults improving you coordination to do moves that involve your hands and feet.

Good luck in your work outs and remember to drink lots of water!

-Ronnie Shalvis



2 comments:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete